Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Haute Tension (High Tension)


Released in 2003, this German psychological thriller is full of shockingly gory images such as the decapitation of a man by a piece of furniture to a woman's arm, gushing blood because her hand had just been severed by a crazed killer. This movie tells the story of Marie and Alexis, two best friends who travel to Alexis's family's home. During their first night there, a crazed man breaks into the house murdering the family and kidnapping one of the girls. After this, the story seems to drift off making less sense as it goes along.
The first half of the movie is packed with scares, mainly due to the extremely gory images. However, as the movie progresses, the plot seems to get stranger and stranger. The scariness level goes down and the confusion level goes way up.
Then, there is the twist ending. I'm not sure exactly what to say about the twist ending. I knew the ending going into this movie and I'm not sure whether that affected my view of it or not. To be honest, I couldn't pay attention to what was going on in the movie for thinking about how the ending makes absolutely no sense with what was going on at that time. At some points it was even so absurd that it made me laugh out loud. But in the end the only thing I do know is that this movie is not for those with a weak stomach and most people will be highly disappointed in the ending.

-H

1 comment:

  1. Its thriller movie with some scary scenes.First half of the movie is good and I liked that but in second half movie goes slow.So I would say its so-so movie.

    ReplyDelete